Welcome to week 7 of SPED310!! WOOOO!!
Here's what I learned this past week. Sorry for the smaller quantity of it. This past week was H-E-double hockey sticks. Stress was coming at me from every angle. Oh joy...anyway, here's what I learned, for your viewing pleasure:
- INCLUDE strategy
- Universal design
- A compatible design for everyone in the classroom, including for those children with special needs.
- Differentiated design
- A variety of teaching and learning strategies that are necessary to meet the range of needs evident in any given classroom
- Steps for INCLUDE strategy:
- Identify classroom demands
- Note students learning strengths and needs
- Check for potential areas of student success
- Look for potential problem areas
- Use information to brainstorm ways to differentiate instruction
- Differentiate instruction
- Evaluate student progress
- "How can you group all of your students for instruction in inclusive classrooms?"
- "How is an inclusive classroom managed?"
- "How can you evaluate instructional materials for inclusive classrooms?"
Thanks for reading!!